I really enjoy seeing all the people who follow the #SecondLifeChallenges put out there by Strawberry Singh. If you want to see more from where this started, click here.
This go around is is My Blogging Journey. Really… this will be a definite good read for all of you and a good task for all bloggers to do. This way you can reflect year after year.
- How long have you been blogging or vlogging about Second Life? I started small. I was posting my looks and what not on Facebook in a Facebook group called SL Look Of The Day. It was not for posting blogs, it was simply post your picture and what you’re wearing. So, I’d say I officially started in late 2015. I moved over to a blog format in 2016 and really branched out in late 2016. I guess in total, almost two years.
- Why did you start blogging or vlogging? I have all these clothes, for a lack of better terms, collecting dust in my inventory. I used to have to have clothing and accessories because I would go to the clubs or I was working at the clubs at one time. But after a while, I didn’t do much but shop in SL. This was a way to justify buying the items and was also a way to share the items I found while out and about. Everyone focuses on the big names and sometimes I’d find some really cool, real cute items from small stores that I felt deserved the recognition too. I also started being friends and following more blogging people and I really developed a passion for sharing what I’ve found.
- How many times a week/month do you post? I try to blog something daily. The premise of my blog is “look of the day” so in theory, there should be a post daily. Sometimes that happens, sometimes not. I do have a three year old who runs my world in RL.
- Do you keep track of how many hits or subscribers you have? Not really. I’m curious about my likes on Facebook/Flickr but really… I do this because I enjoy it, not for the pressure or free stuff.
- Which electronic devices do you use to blog/vlog with? I use my desktop computer.
- Do you monetize your blog or vlogs? If so, do you mind sharing how much you make approximately? (You don’t have to answer the second question) No, I do not.
- What has Second life blogging or vlogging taught you? Hmm… well, I don’t like talking about myself, and I still don’t. But, I do try. I also appreciate 10x’s more the work that the content creators do in SL. I have yet to find the patience to do anything but shop in SL… so they deserve all kinds of kudos in the world. It’s also taught me more about how to handle rejection. In the beginning, I was really heartbroken when I wasn’t picked – not because I want the free stuff, but because I really thought highly of the work I had done in the past. I realize now, you just have to keep swimming. The items are going to be there… make them worth your while. I’ve also learned that people will treat you differently, whether it’s good or bad that’s up to everyone else. I’ve also learned that, just in a real life situation/job, you need to be professional and respectful at the right times. Being rude, hateful, and downright stupid around potential employers will get you no where. Hopefully some people who threw fits recently will realize this some day…
- Do you feel like Second Life blogging or vlogging takes away from your real life? No, by blogging I get to continue to use my degree and have another creative outlet to try different and new things. It keeps me current.
- Do you have a mission statement for your blog or vlog, if so, what is it? Well, I’ve never really thought about it, but maybe I can now. I have always said that my goal was to share all the cool and creative things that were hiding in my inventory. In the nearly 9 years on the Second Life grid, I have accumulated a lot of items. The opportunity to share new and recent items from specific designers as they are a sponsor would be an honor and a blessing. I am truly honored that content creators would allow me to share their great work.
- Share your top 3 tips for new bloggers/vloggers. Yikes. 1. Don’t do this because you want free items. Seriously. The people who were throwing fits on social media lately over a specific designer’s lack of choosing them as their blogger was a clear sign that those people were in it just to get free stuff from the designer. Eyes are everywhere, watch what you say if you want to be a blogger. 2. Be yourself. There is no one cooler than you, than you. Your style, your quirks, your techniques, your designs, your abilities, they are all you. This is the best way to tell the story of you. Do it. 3. Don’t get discouraged when someone tells you no. Everyone had to start somewhere, and if you think about the quantity of applications vs the spots they have to fill… the odds are not always good, and you won’t be the only one who was declined. You need to do it for you, not for anyone else.
Let’s go back to the clothing here. This super comfortable set comes from Dead Dollz from the October round of Uber. Of course, you can wear the camisole and cardigan separately, but I wanted to go for the cozy look (thus the name of the items as well). I am starting to love the soft pink that Dead Dollz has created more and more every day. I’m not a big fan of pink, but this pink is so soft and gorgeous. I just…. I have a hard time not picking it now. If you would have told me that before, I would have laughed at you. As a matter of fact, my good friend and sister Kenzie would probably just die knowing I am a fan of pink now. But purple still reigns supreme. Anyways, what I want now is this cardigan in RL because it’s cold and this looks incredibly warm. Stop into Uber to make sure you pick up this gem before it is too late!
Head: Catwa – Catya
Hair: Truth – Rumor (Blondes)
Camisole: Dead Dollz – Cozy Camisole [Uber, Oct 2017]
Cardigan: Dead Dollz – Cozy Cardigan [Uber, Oct 2017]
Socks: REIGN – Valentine Mix and Match Socks
Pose: FOXCITY. Good Morning – 7m
SAYO – Parisi Drapes – Ombre
Soy. Corner Sofa
Tres Blah – Slumber Party – Makeup Bag
GLITTERATI – Magazine 1-3
dust bunny . book pile
[ keke ] champagne bublissimo – nero
Tres Blah – Slumber Party – Snack Attack
Ariskea [Harvest] Cabin Verenda Addon
Song of the Day: You Broke Up With Me – Walker Hayes